Sunday, October 25, 2009
Who knew!
Let me start with a little background information. When LB was just a little bit younger, say even 8 months ago, she used to be in the kitchen with me anytime I stepped foot across the wood floor onto the tile. She and I would regularly wash dishes together. As much as I hate to admit it, it drove me crazy. LB would sit with her feet in the sink on the edge of the counter and take the water from me so that she could wash the one only and dish I would allow her to wash. I found myself often getting frustrated with having to work around her becuase I hated kitchen duty and it seemed to take so much longer with her by my side. Thinking back I remember now being so grateful in the end because of her willingness to help. I should have cherised those moments and made more of them. Today as I was cleaning the kitchen preparing for this upcoming week, I asked LB to help me do the dishes and she said "I don't fink I want to do that I am all grown up now my hands will get yucky." Who knew that the objection to chores would start so soon. She is three people. Three I tell ya. Anyhow. Who knew?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Daddy Daughter Dance



1 comment:
It makes you remember to enjoy the stuff that's bugging you today, too.
Post a Comment